Don’t miss the final weeks of the Summer Night Market
The sun is about to set on Melbourne’s favourite mid-week foodie feast, with the final weeks of the Summer Night Market drawing closer.
Providing a truly unique opportunity of experiencing the famous Queen Victoria Market, the Summer Night Market has seen nearly 250,000 visitors eat, drink, shop and dance their way around the market’s iconic open-air sheds and laneways each Wednesday night since November.
Every Wednesday until March 15, visitors will be treated to a delicious line-up of the season’s most celebrated dishes along with not-to-be-missed live music and free entertainment to see the season out in style.
As always there will be mouth-watering street food and refreshing drinks to tantalise taste buds and quench thirsts with some of the sure-fire summer hits including:
- Chimnutz: Chimney doughnut cones, inspired by European kürtoskalács filled with soft-serve ice-cream and flavours including Chocolate Bavarian, Vanilla Custard, White Twix and Bueno;
- Dingo Ate My Taco: Texas-style smoked meat tacos and birria with freshly made salsa in homemade blue corn and flour tortillas;
- The Cypriot Kitchen: Signature crispy halloumi chips and slow-cooked chicken souvlas.
- Mr Miyagi: Slinging their Dan Dan Pork Noodles with rich minced pork belly, pulled pork shoulder, spiced ginger, miso dashi broth and roast peanuts. Or opt for their famous Nori Tacos in salmon, Peking duck or soft shell crab;
- Twistto: The famous hand cut and stretched original Korean potato twists including cheese, salt and vinegar and chicken salt flavours;
- Hoy Pinoy: Traditional Filipino skewers cooked over charcoal on an open flame. Enjoy either their chicken or pork skewers marinated in special homemade sauces; and
- Antagonist Spirits and Brick Lane: It’s a summer slushie party with Antagonist’s Watermelon Daiquiri and Brick Lane’s alcoholic Ginger Beer Slushie, plus Running Bull’s Spanish-style red and white sangria.
When your belly is full, there’s still time to discover the huge selection of Melbourne’s best independent, makers, creators, and artists.
Wander the Summer Night Market and browse more than 125 shops and stalls, with everything from clothing and jewellery to homewares, pet treats, plants and books on offer.
Make sure you visit the Summer Night Market before the season sets on March 15.
For more information: summernightmarket.com.au •