Easter at Queen Victoria Market
As Easter quickly approaches, Queen Victoria Market stalls are stocking up on everything you may need for a weekend full of fresh produce and yummy treats.
Gifts and decorations are also covered, with a unique selection of hand-painted chocolate eggs, Easter bun tea, bunny-shaped soaps, and handmade crafts available around the market.
Ambiance will be slightly pivoting from their usual Christmas-focused store to include a range of Easter decor, from garlands to centrepieces, jewelled eggs and Easter wreaths, while The Hellenic Deli and The Eggporium will have kits for do-it-yourself egg dyeing. •
Additional food offerings include …
- Fishmongers have Moreton Bay Bugs, Blue Swimmer Crabs and premium, high-grade sashimi.
- Prosser’s Seafood has whole fish varieties on offer.
- Butchers are now taking pre-orders for legs of lamb and lamb racks.
- Ferguson Plarre Bakehouse, Woodfrog Bakery, M&G Caiafa and Andrew’s Breadshop are offering the iconic Easter bun in a variety of combinations.
- A variety of decadent chocolates are available from Koko Black, URKU, M&G Caiafa, the Mork Chocolate pop-up and Only Mine Chocolate.
- If celebrating an Orthodox Easter on Sunday, April 16, The Hellenic Deli is the place to stop-by, with everything from tsoureki (Greek Easter bread with a brioche-like consistency decorated with a red-dyed, hard-boiled egg), halva, marinated olives and specialty Greek cheeses including saganaki, kefalograviera and ladotyri on offer.
- Dianne’s Delights, Queen Vic Deli, Sylvia’s Deli and La’ Deli have cabbage rolls, homemade moussaka, and vegetarian dolmades.
To make the lead up a family-friendly affair, the market will also host free kids workshops and a self-guided hot cross bun and chocolate trail.
Held between 10am to 1pm in the school holidays, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, the cooking workshops will see kids make fruit bunnies with chocolate yoghurt, chocolate balls and mini fruit sticks, sushi hand rolls, and a mini Banh Mi.
A special visit from the Easter bunny on Saturday, April 8 and Sunday, April 9, from 10am to 2pm is also set to be a much-anticipated event, with chocolate eggs to be shared and indulged in.
Queen Victoria Market will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
For the adjusted trading hours, visit: qvm.com.au/easter